Phone: (213) 740-1239
Office: SAL 330
William Halfond is a professor of computer science at the University of Southern California. He received his Ph.D. in 2010 from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Halfond's research is in software engineering in the area of program analysis and software testing. His research work focuses on improving quality assurance for web applications, developer-oriented techniques for reducing the power consumption of smartphone mobile applications, and software security.
Recent News and Publications
- I am recruiting PhD students for Fall 2023.
- Congratulaitons to my student, Sasha Volokh, for winning a Best Paper Award at FDG 2022
- Paper to appear at FDG 2022 "Static Analysis for Automated Identification of Valid Game Actions During Exploration"
- Paper to appear at ICST 2022 "Automated Detection of TalkBack Interactive Accessibility Failures in Android Applications."
- Congratulations to my student, Paul Chiou, who has been selected as a prestigious ARCS Scholar for 2020-2021.