Phone: (213) 740-1239
Office: SAL 330
William Halfond is an associate professor in computer science at the University of Southern California. He received his Ph.D. in 2010 from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Halfond's research is in software engineering in the area of program analysis and software testing. His research work focuses on improving quality assurance for web applications, developer-oriented techniques for reducing the power consumption of smartphone mobile applications, and software security.
Recent News and Publications
- Congratulations to my students, Yingjun Lyu and Sasha Volokh, for winning an ACM Distinguished Paper Award at ISSTA 2021!
- Paper to appear at ASE 2021, "Automated Repair of Size-Based Accessibility Issues in Mobile Applications"
- Paper to appear at ESEC/FSE 2021, "Detecting and Localizing Keyboard Accessibility Failures in Web Applications"
- Paper to appear at ISSTA 2021, "SAND: a static analysis approach for detecting SQL antipatterns"
- Congratulations to my student, Paul Chiou, who has been selected as a prestigious ARCS Scholar for 2020-2021.