Phone: (213) 740-1239
Office: SAL 330
William Halfond is an associate professor in computer science at the University of Southern California. He received his Ph.D. in 2010 from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Halfond's research is in software engineering in the area of program analysis and software testing. His research work focuses on improving quality assurance for web applications, developer-oriented techniques for reducing the power consumption of smartphone mobile applications, and software security.
Recent News and Publications
- Congratulations to my student, Paul Chiou, who has been selected as a prestigious ARCS Scholar for 2020-2021.
- Papers to appear at ICSME 2019: "An Empirical Study of UI Implementations in Android Applications" and "Quantifying the Performance Impact of SQL Antipatterns on Mobile Applications"
- Paper to appear at ICSE 2019, "ReCDroid: Automatically Reproducing Android Application Crashes from Bug Reports"
- Paper to appear at ICST 2019, "Efficiently Repairing Internationalization Presentation Failures By Solving Layout Constraints"
- Paper to appear at VTS 2019, "A new method for software test data generation inspired by D-algorithm"